Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Test....

I hadn't been so tired in what felt like years. I don't normally flop down on a Sunday afternoon and just pass out on the couch for hours, but that's what happened. I had been "burning the wick at both ends", as the quote goes.

But when I woke up and grabbed my phone, there, displayed on my screen, was a surprise text from a friend I hardly ever see, inviting me to a private special event on top of a fancy apartment complex, equipped with a hot tub. It felt like an immediate YES, that was something I felt like dragging my ass to, despite my exhaustion. All he really had to say was HOT TUB to get me motivated. Soaking my bones in the hot water sounded like a slice of heaven to this tired angel.

I threw myself together, jammed a bag full of random items to prepare for partying and swimming, then hit the road.

Upon arrival, the scene was even better than the verbal description. I was mystified by how beautiful this rooftop setting was. Even more so by the human scenery....

I was introduced to one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen in my life. He was like an already airbrushed photoshopped GQ magazine worthy Barbie's Ken Doll. I can't really remember what I said to him, his attraction made me temporarily stupid or something. Sometimes specimens are just so beautiful it can take your breath away in awe.

I was the odd bird at the event, very small private party of close friends, but nobody except the host knew me. I felt like I kept trying to do something, anything to fit in, but kept feeling like it wasn't quite working, like I was a bit of an out-cast. So, I did the best thing I could think of, and what had motivated me to get off the couch in the first place: hit the hot tub.

I slipped off my little white summer dress, and eased myself down into the warm water. It felt glorious. Although it was far off from the party, so I felt kinda strange going off and basically secluding myself.

Shortly after I got my soak on, suddenly, the BEAUTIFUL MAN came along and got into the hot tub with me. Naturally, we ended up in conversation, I have no idea who started it. By that time, I think I had finished 1 glass of wine that the host had happily prepared for me personally, and being a light-weight who doesn't drink much, I was already feeling tipsy.

During conversation, the Beautiful Man mentioned the words...."My Wife...." which obviously became the elephant in the room. I asked him if it was this other girl at the party (who was gorgeous and had been sitting near him), but he said she was traveling out of the country for work. He shot me a somewhat devious, mischievous smile, which I didn't know how to interpret at the moment. I was surprised by his admission of her being away, and I asked him how that was going.....long story short, he revealed to me they'd been having serious problems for a long time, over the past year. Then we were interrupted by a new guest coming up to say hi, so our conversation ended. Then he got out of the hot tub and disappeared for what seemed like an hour at least. I went back to the party, mixed and mingled, talked with others, and tried to fit in,

Suddenly, I thought maybe I should leave, it was nearing midnight and that's usually when I like to get home. I said my goodbyes, and left. I was one foot outside of the apartment complex gate, and once I closed that gate, I couldn't get back in, but something stopped me....I flipped a coin, which told me to go back to the party. So I did.

Eventually, the beautiful man reappeared, and began to play a game. I ended up sitting next to him to watch, rotating where I was sitting around the table to not make it look bad or anything. I just wanted to feel like I was a part of the party, and not be alone in the hot tub the whole time.

Anyway, at the end of the night, we all gathered items to take them back to the room, which turned out to be The Beautiful Man's apartment.....

We were all socializing inside the apartment, until the Beautiful Man announced that he really needed to get ready for bed and go to sleep. (It was probably 1 or 2 am by then, I lost track of time). When he said that, I asked him if I could just use the bathroom before I drove the long drive home across Los Angeles. When I exited the bathroom (and I hadn't even been in there that long!!!), everyone had left, and I was alone with the hot guy.....

Now, anyone rational can see the immediate dilemma here...... I probably don't need to elaborate.
Let's just say, the temptation was REAL, and STRONG. I told him goodbye, and he patted the couch next to him, inviting me to sit by him. It took every ounce of my will to back away towards the front door. Something inside me said: "Whatever it is that you're about to do, don't do it." I inched my back closer to the door, until he'd opened it, and I had exited his apartment. Test complete. I, we, hadn't done something that tempted us that we might or would regret later.

Real life......crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment