Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dragon Rider

Remember the wind, blowing your hair
Remember the kites, flying in the air
Remember skipping in the sands
Remember Earth energy, flowing up through your hands
Remember the Sun, warm on your face
Remember the Eagle, soaring over with grace
Believe in things that you can't see
Empowered with wisdom, you shall be.

~Mandelyn Reese
9/22/13
(My tribute to the "Dragon Magick" class at the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Light Mystery School)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Back story:

On the weekend of September 14th & 15th, 2013, I was initiated into the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Light Mystery School. It used to be a very secretive society, but since the approach of the New Age shift, the school decided to start being more public.

During the initiation class after one of our breaks, upon returning to the classroom, the instructor and I noticed that a tiny red dragon was laying on the floor by her chair, directly out in front of me. She picked it up and said, "That's odd, I had that little dragon inside a little draw-string bag on the counter over there, but I guess it wanted to be out, because it's somehow here on the floor!"
I had already been seeing signs about dragons in the days leading up to the initiation, like seeing people wearing dragon shirts. I took all of those as signs that I should attend the Mystery School's Dragon Magick class the next weekend: Sunday Sept 22, so I signed up.

The whole class was very magical, especially our trip to a pretty park overlooking the Santa Ana dried river bed. As I was standing near the edge of the cliff, with the wind wildly blowing my hair, the poem just started to come to me in my head from things I'd observed and the activities we did at the park as a group. The most magical thing was when a large, beautiful Eagle (or hawk) with a white underbelly spotted with black dots slowly soared over us as we stood in a circle. It flew off into the direction of the sun until we couldn't see it anymore. It was such a cool sign! It looked like the bird pictured below:


On our lunch break, I was at a grocery store that had a small cafe in the back corner, and as I was heading towards the cafe, I noticed a small white dragon statue, right at my eye level on the shelf! I decided to buy it, since when we were learning about the different kinds of dragons, I resonated the most with the first kind: White Dragons. White Dragons are the ruling clan over all dragons, and are of the highest purity and teachings. It seemed meant to be that I buy it. I wrote the poem about the class on the bottom of the statue in memory of the class. :) The dragon is holding a pearl, which is the oldest known gem on Earth, and is a symbol of wisdom, purity, innocence, and faith.



~Mandelyn Reese
9/22/13

No comments:

Post a Comment