Sunday, April 7, 2013

Emergence of the Phoenix

Before I go into my story, let me share with you some information about The Phoenix.

Wikipedia- In Greek mythology, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. The phoenix was subsequently adopted as a symbol in Early Christianity. The phoenix is referenced in modern popular culture and is said that it's actually a cleverly disguised PHOENIX instead of an eagle that are on our national money and emblems all over the country. Either way, the phoenix is a model for death, rebirth, and ascension. 


Dictionary.com= Phoenix

  [fee-niks] noun *a mythical bird of great beauty who would burn itself on a funeral pyre, and rise from its ashes in the freshness of youth and live through another cycle of years: often an emblem of immortality or of reborn idealism or hope. 
*a person or thing of beauty or excellence; a paragon. *a person or thing that has become renewed or restored after suffering calamity or 
apparent annihilation.

****The significance of the Phoenix to me personally, is that it has represented how the old me has died over and over again. I've shed layers and layers of history, karma, and experienced epic personal and spiritual changes. I've actually been like Jean Gray "The Phoenix" in the movie X MEN with how I realized I'd been mind controlled by my family, religion, and the media my entire life to be a certain way, and having the awareness of it all has had a domino effect of massive changes to how I view and live life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My story about my connection to this mystical phoenix bird began on September 9, 2012. I had been on a fast-track of spiritual enlightenment since the end of 2011, and things just kept getting more interesting! On that particular day, I had watched a bunch of YouTube videos and done a lot of research about the Illuminati and other deep, hidden truths. After awhile, I felt completely overwhelmed, almost like it was too much for me to bear, so I had to take a break. In order to calm down, I did some meditation, prayed, and decided to go sit on my patio for awhile to take in some fresh air. I went out on the patio and sat in a comfy mesh camping chair. I prayed asking for a sign of hope, and I suggested out loud that maybe the universe could send me a white bird as a sign to me. I began to zone out, thinking deeply about all the craziness I'd been going through. Then suddenly, a weird-looking white insect with neon-green eyes and little moving antenna landed on my chair's armrest, right where I was staring at the moment. It snapped me out of it, and I looked up at the sky. Low and behold, there in the sky was a white bird cloud! I was stunned, and stared at it in awe for a few moments trying to grasp what I was actually seeing. I remember saying aloud to myself, "That looks like a Phoenix!" The cloud had 2 wings, a beak, a distinguishable eye, a curved flowing tail, and a tuft of feathers on the back of its head! Then suddenly, I saw movement near the head of the bird cloud. I saw a transparent entity (which I believe to be an Angel) move very swiftly away from the cloud and soared off out of site. I think I may have yelled out "HOLY SH**!" I knew what I'd seen, but was like in disbelief that I saw it. It's easy to doubt yourself when you see something supernatural that you've never seen before. But in my gut I KNEW what I saw. I grabbed my cell phone and snapped a photo of the cloud with Instagram. 

As I studied the image of the cloud, I realized that the reason it stood out to me and I recognized it as a Phoenix is because it resembled a Phoenix image in a Facebook game called "Sorority Life" that I'd been playing for years. Ironically, just recently before I spotted this white bird cloud, they'd began offering The Phoenix as part of a package deal if you bought game points to play with. (I no longer play that game, don't have time!)
 
I Googled WHITE PHOENIX, and these are some of the images that appeared:

After this cloud and Google revelation I experienced, I decided that it would be really cool to be the White Phoenix for Halloween. But I had no idea how I would accomplish an outfit like that.

Fast forward to a week before Halloween: I had figured I would just be in my Angel outfit for Halloween. I'd been invited by popstar K'Sandra to a big red carpet Halloween Masquerade ball, and all signs pointed that it was important that I go to that party. I didn't have a mask, so I was just going to go like myself in my angel outfit. I went ahead a purchased a ticket for the Masquerade Halloween bash. The NEXT DAY, I went to a tiny thrift store near my apartment where I always shop because I love the store owner, Susana, and her mission with the store: to help support local shelters and feed the homeless. When I entered her store, I couldn't believe my eyes: there, sitting prominently on her glass counter, was a bright golden mask. I stared at it, and realized I had to buy it for the masquerade ball. She sold it to me for $5!!

And if that isn't trippy enough for you, get this: After I'd paid her, the bag she grabbed to place my purchase in had a WHITE PHOENIX on it!!! I ended up painting the Phoenix that was on one side of the bag with gold nail polish, cut it out with scissors, and taped it to my chest for the Halloween event. The bag is still intact and I have it taped on my wall in my bedroom.


So my wish came true afterall, I got to be the White Phoenix for Halloween, and I got a mask just in time for the big red carpet event!

Photo I took of my friend K'Sandra performing that night at the Halloween Ball:








2 comments:

  1. Just found this entry. Not sure why I feel a draw here. If you are interested, I can tell you about the white phoenix. (And them in general.)

    ReplyDelete